Hello, we’ve missed you.
Governor Mike DeWine’s executive order limiting dental visits to emergencies only treatment was lifted on May 1. However, the COVID-19 pandemic remains a serious issue in our lives. Until we get back to normal and in order for everyone to be safe, we need to proceed with your visit to our office in different ways. While we have always strictly followed all recommended sterilization and infection control guidelines by the CDC and the Ohio State Dental Board, there will be some additional procedures we will also be doing. Some you will notice and others will be done when you are not in the office.
We want to share these with you:
- When you are making an appointment and when we call to confirm your appointment, we will be asking some questions about your current health, such as if you have traveled recently, if you have been tested for COVID-19, etc.
- We have recently re-opened our reception room for patients to wait for their appointment at this time. But we are requesting strict social distancing while in our reception area and that all of our patients and their family members wear masks, as stipulated by the state of Ohio and local authorities.
- If you feel you should reschedule your appointment, please feel free to give us a call and we will be happy to help you. If we feel that you have certain health risks, we may contact you to reschedule. Please understand that this is to help keep you and our staff safe.
- Please use the hand sanitizer provided at the front desk once you enter the office.
- We will take your temperature. [We take our temperatures, too.] If you are running a high temperature we will reschedule your appointment.
- After we have escorted you to one of our treatment rooms, we will ask you to rinse with a hydrogen peroxide mouthwash before your procedure.
- You, of course, are familiar with our clinical staff wearing masks and gloves during your dental treatment. You will now also see ALL our personnel wearing masks. Our clinical staff will have additional protective wear on as well.
- In addition to our treatment rooms, which we always carefully disinfect before each and every patient, we will also be frequently cleaning other areas of the office that patients might touch, such as door knobs and handles, countertops and restrooms.
We value your health and safety. We will be doing all these things and more in order to help keep you safe. This COVID-19 pandemic won’t last forever. We look forward to having more “normal” visits in the future. We look forward to seeing you soon as your dental care is important to your overall healthy and should not be avoided.